The aim of this competition is to develop innovative healthcare technologies and processes that will help provide:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
This competition has 2 awards:
- feasibility studies award: to explore and evaluate the commercial potential of innovative scientific ideas
- primer award: to conduct a technical evaluation of your idea through to proof of concept in a model system
Feasibility studies award
We expect total project costs of up to £200,000. Projects should last between 3 months and 1 year. Projects must start by 1 August 2017 and end by 1 August 2018.
We expect projects to range in size from total project costs of £200,000 to £1.5 million. Projects should last up to 2 years. Projects must start by 1 August 2017 and end by 1 August 2019.