Open Hospital at Home
NWE-Chance Midterm event
University of Strathclyde Technology and Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow, United Kingdom
19 November 2019 (12:30 – 4pm)
Room: City Observatory on Floor 7 of the TIC Building
12.30 - Welcome from NWE-CHANCE lead and DHI (the host)
12.45 - Keynote: What is the future and why do we need to make progress
13.15 - The NWE-CHANCE project to date
14.00 - Other H@H projects we can learn from;
15.00 - The art of the possible and how building an innovation hub and network of living labs can drive this agenda forward
15.15 - Panel session on perspectives for an NWE-Chance innovation hub
15.45 - Closing remarks
16.00 - Close
Heart failure is a growing epidemic: in the European Union about 15 million people are now living with heart failure. Between 1-2% of total healthcare expenditure can be associated with this condition, of which 50% is due to hospitalisation.
Digital health is widely recognised as one of the most promising solutions to this societal challenge: in the field of cardiovascular diseases, current eHealth tools are primarily focused on rehabilitation and monitoring after hospitalisation.
Today, there is a transition taking place from dedicated hospital care to the home setting, with a combination of eHealth applications and miniaturised diagnostic and therapeutic devices. This is where the NWE-Chance project comes into play.
NWE-Chance in a nutshell
- NWE-Chance is assessing the feasibility for Heart Failure patients to get hospital-level care at home – average duration 5 days – during decompensation with the support of an integrated technology platform.
- This integrated technology platform
- Will allow adapting treatment without delay, during visits when tests are performed;
- Might furthermore allow early diagnosis of the worsening of the health condition of the visited patient by analysing posture and activity data.
- Thanks to the integration of different technologies, the platform will be convenient for patients, their family and visiting nurses.
- NWE-Chance will furthermore develop an innovation hub dedicated to support SMEs in developing solutions for hospitalisation at home.
The NWE-Chance mid-term event will enable you to the opportunity to learn more about a few recent digital innovations aiming at hospitalising patients in the comfort of their home and close to their relatives.