The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a flagship entrepreneurial development programme, created by the Scottish Government and initiated by the First Minister for Scotland aims to deliver a world-class accelerator programme of support for up to 40 ambitious entrepreneurs from October 2020 – March 2021.
Call to action
From Monday 07 September the focus is to recruit up to 40 entrepreneurs to a 6-month accelerator programme, with a particular focus on Founders that can drive a sustainable shift towards a zero carbon economy. Participants may therefore be in the low carbon/green economy, manufacturing, digital and the health/well-being sectors, but we are not restricted to these.
Successful applicants will receive:
- SE business support
- access to the UA Grant Fund of £25,000 per company*
- world-class leadership training & business skills masterclasses
- industry mentoring & investor networking opportunities
- high profile PR/media coverage
- peer support
*additional funding may become available for exceptional projects.
Must be based in/HQ in Scotland
- Likely to be 0-4 years old
- Applicants may already be working with SE/HIE or our partners
- We especially welcome applicants from rural areas
- We especially welcome applicants from diverse ethnic background
- Able to contribute to Scotland’s zero-carbon goals
- Entrepreneurs in all sectors will be considered however, we would particularly welcome those in the low carbon/green economy sectors
This is a unique opportunity for Scotland's most talented founders to gain access to a Programme which will help accelerate their business growth at a critical time for our economy to support recovery. I would be sincerely grateful for your support to make this opportunity known to as many eligible Scottish entrepreneurs as possible.
Applications are now live at www.unlockingambition.scot.
Learn more and watch the launch video: https://vimeo.com/455394987
Deadline for Applications: Monday 21 September 2020