DEADLINE EXTENSION - Brain Health Technology & Data Challenge
The deadline for submission of Expression Of Interest Forms has been extended to 5 pm on Friday 27 January 2023.
The Challenge Call has been developed by The Data Lab and Digital Health & Care Innovation Centre (DHI) in response to the summer 2022 workshop organised by the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium (SDRC), the DHI and Brain Health Scotland.
The resulting White Paper (‘Paving the way towards the future of technologies for brain health and dementia prevention in Scotland’) will be published in November and will highlight the need for collaboration and co-production across multi-disciplinary teams – including expertise in cognitive impairment, ethics, industry, government agencies, patients and care providers. It will also highlight a clear need identified to capitalise on the capabilities of modern technology and data science (e.g. AI and machine learning) and draw more innovative companies into Scotland's Healthy Ageing Innovation Cluster (currently over 250 members) and fostering new academic links with Scottish academics across a number of disciplines.
Scotland’s Healthy Ageing Innovation Cluster (HAIC) is facilitated by the DHI, with key partners including: the Scottish Government’s Technology Enabled Care Team, The Digital Office for Local Government, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, Enterprise Europe Network and the European Connected Health Alliance.
The new Challenge will help to stimulate new or support existing collaborations between industry and academia, exploring the feasibility of providing solutions that could help address four core themes:
- Adaptive technologies, precision medicine and interventions
- Technologies to enhance brain health
- Assistive technologies
- Co-design and co-production for brain health technologies
Companies interested in participating in the Challenge Call and submitting an Expression of Interest form, can download and complete the following form.
Challenge Call Timeline:
- Challenge launch and call for EOIs: 02 November 2022
- New Deadline for submission of completed EOI form: 5pm on 27 January 2023
- Confirmation of approval to move to full funding application: 03 February 2023
- Deadline for full funding applications: 24 February 2023
- TDL and DHI Review team decisions communicated to applicants: 03 March 2023
- Project start dates will vary (from 01 April 2023, dependent on legals and project team capacity)
- All projects (ideally)to be completed by 01 September 2023
Watch the recording of the launch event